Shakespeare Workshops for Primary Schools
A FINDING THE WILL Primary School workshop, whether it be for KS1 or KS2, is an all-round, all inclusive, interactive learning experience.
“Truly inspirational stuff!! It’s been wonderful to see the impact on all children. Quiet nervous ones emerging from shells, behaviour challenges focused and able children extended. Please don’t go!”
Ampfield Primary, Hants
“Never have I been so impressed and excited by the experience FINDING THE WILL gave all of our children – a truly humbling experience”
Head Teacher, Pinchbeck East CofE Primary, Lincolnshire
Primary School / Special School – 2 hour workshop
- Workshop is aimed at KS1 and KS2.
- Children require no prior knowledge of the play, in fact we actively encourage teachers not to reveal the story before we arrive.
- Using minimal props and costumes the children act out the story and speak some of the original text.
- For children that feel more comfortable answering questions than performing, ample opportunity is given for them to shine.
An FTW Shakespeare workshop not only gives an understanding of a well-known Shakespeare play but also helps with:
- Listening skills
- Language development
- Team building
- Confidence boosting
- And it’s Fun!
Primary School – Shakespeare Week
We offer a Shakespeare week working with KS1 and/or KS2 where the children improvise and create their own version of one of Shakespeare’s immortal tales. The combined effort of all year groups involved culminates in a performance for an invited audience on the Friday afternoon.
- As with the two-hour workshop the children require no prior knowledge of the play.
- On Day One we take the children through the play using our interactive workshop.
- During the course of the week we have two sessions with each class working on their particular section of the play and then bring it all together on the Friday.
- We arrive armed with a skeleton version of scenes but the children are encouraged to input their own creative ideas.
- We try to use as much of the original text as possible even if it is in the form of a rap!
- There is also scope for making props and costumes where appropriate and for the children to use their instrumental skills.
A complimentary Teachers’ Pack is provided.
FINDING THE WILL believes there are never wrong answers only interesting ideas.
FINDING THE WILL Shakespeare Project Weeks include workshops, teachers packs, scripts, rehearsals all leading to a performance on any one of Shakespeare’s greatest hits:
MACBETH – When shall we three meet again?
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM – Ill met by moonlight proud Titania!
THE TEMPEST – We are such stuff as dreams are made on.
HAMLET – To be or not to be?
TWELFTH NIGHT – A plague on these pickled herrings!
ROMEO & JULIET – Two households both alike in dignity.
For children who feel more comfortable answering questions than performing, ample opportunity is given for them to shine.
Shakespeare Workshops for Special Schools
FINDING THE WILL has an inclusion policy that actively strives to deliver exciting and educational workshops to all children and young people whatever their disability or impairment. We design bespoke Workshops to ensure that everyone is safe, welcome and able to take part.
Special Schools – Bespoke Shakespeare Workshops
As part of our preparation for a visit to your school we will have an in-depth conversation – either face to face or by telephone – to explore the best way in which FINDING THE WILL can provide the most positive workshop experience for each individual student.